The University of Mumbai’s Annual Cultural Festival 53rd Youth Festival (2020-21) was conducted from March 20, 2021 to April 3, 2021 for events, out of which, 8 students from Deviprasad Goenka Management College of Media Studies participated in 8 events. The list is as follows:
- On the Spot Painting- Saurav Yadav
- Indian Light Vocal – Sharthio Biswas
- Poster Making: Saurav Yadav
- Elocution (Marathi, Hindi or English) : Abeer Nilyam
- Cartooning: Shimona Poojari
- Western Vocal Solo: Hannah Varghese
- Story Telling (Marathi, Hindi or English): Pooja Yadav
- Mono Acting (Marathi or Hindi) : Anand Chaturvedy
Saurav Yadav for On the Spot Painting, Abeer Nilyam for Elocution (Marathi, Hindi or English) and Anand Chaturvedy for Mono Acting (Marathi or Hindi) were successful in the elimination round and were selected in the final round, in which they delivered competitive performances.
Film Festival Division Special Screening on Satyajit Ray Centenary Celebrations from 7th to 9th May, 2021
DGMC in association with the Films Division Ministry of Information & Broadcasting Govt. of India organized a Film Festival “RayToday” to celebrate the Birth Centenary of legendary filmmaker – Satyajit Ray.
Satyajit Ray, one of the greatest film makers of all the time, is credited with taking Indian cinema to the global level. A true renaissance man, Ray earned worldwide fame for himself and to the art of cinema as well, with his poetic realism and cinematic imagination. Continuing with the year-long birth centenary celebrations of the auteur, Films Division is presenting an online film festival “RayToday” a curated package of non-feature works by Ray along with films on him and his oeuvre.
To stream the following films you may either click on the following link or visit the DGMC Website.
Vimeo link of films: https://vimeo.com/channels/1704326
DGMC Website: https://www.dgmc.org.in/
Title of films:
1. Rabindranath Tagore (Dir: Satyajit Ray, Pro: Films Division)
2. Inner Eye (Dir: Satyajit Ray, Pro: Films Division)
3. Creative Artists of India : Satyajit Ray (Dir: B.D.Garga, Pro: Films Division)
4. Satyajit Ray (Dir: Shyam Benegal, Pro: Films Division)
5. Bala (Dir: Satyajit Ray, Pro: NCPA)
6. Ray (Dir: Goutam Ghose, Pro: Govt. of West Bengal)
7. Sukumar Ray(Dir: Satyajit Ray, Pro: Govt. of West Bengal)
8. Sadgati (Dir: Satyajit Ray, Pro: Doordarshan) tele-film
9. Two (Dir: Satyajit Ray, Pro: Esso World Theatre / Ray Society)
10. Pikoo (Dir: Satyajit Ray, Pro: French Television / Ray Society)
11. Feluda – 50 years of Ray Detective (Dir & Pro :Saignik Chatterjee)